fromjoy

"The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found and hid again; and from joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field." matt 13:44

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ramey Reeves

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

You will be missed by all who knew you and knew of you. I prayed for you at Grace that Sunday but i didn't stay to introduce myself cause i thought i'd have another chance, and that you probably wanted to see all your buddies. I wish i would have said, "Hi Ramey, I'm Joy. I'm having another girl and i'm naming her after you cause your name is so cool and i think you are so great" I hope my little Ramy loves Jesus the way you did. I hope she lets Him fill her life with music, love and laughter the way you did. We will pray for John and Judah and the rest of your family loving and missing you now.

If you wanna know Ramey go here, here and here
An amazing video about her battle with cancer here

If you wanna hear her angelic voice go here.

6 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Joy, I don't know you, but I wanted to thank you for posting this about Ramey. What a tribute it is to her beautiful life for you to name your little girl after her! I saw that you commented on Kelly's blog about her and I commented on her post as well. I grew up with Ramey's family, when they were still living in Lynchburg. Ramey's sister Shanya was my best friend in middle school and I was torn apart when they left. That family is probably one of the strongest and most amazing I have ever met. They are so grounded in their faith and helped me come to a greater understanding of how much my Savior loves me. I rest assured that God is comforting them right now. Thanks again!

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joy I am so sorry to hear about the loss. I watched all the videos of her, and what a lady. You have picked the perfect lady to name your child after. We will be praying for there family!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Sean said...

Hello Joy,

Thank you so much for posting this about our mutual friend Ramey. Although we will miss her greatly now, I am so looking forward to singing with her again someday. Grace & Peace! Sean

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joy & Brian

Congrats on the beautiful new life you brought into this world. I love that you named her after Ramey.

Hope to see you around more.

LaTanya Carter

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Donna Wellington said...

Joy,
You have been blessed with the gift of life & have given her a legacy. One day you will sit down & tell your precious daughter the story of the most incredible, genuine, loving friend that you ever met. She had a magnetic personality, we were drawn to her, just as, I'm sure, Christians were drawn to Jesus, when he walked this Earth. I miss her terribly here, but look forward to singing praises around the throne of God with her one day.Thank you for sharing sweet Ramey with the world. She has big shoes to fill, hearts to touch & lives to impact like her namesake has. Bless you & your family.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!!
I'm your namesakes mother. What a blessing and honor to have someone name thier "beautiful" baby after your daughter... I'm trying to take it in. Thank you.
I love seeing "Ramey" on her little shirt. I know my Rame is rejoicing in Heaven with our Lord and Savior and she knows about your little Ramey.
I will be looking forward to watching our new little Ramey grow.
Our love and prayers to your family.
p.s. maybe I can see our little namesake next time we are in Lynchburg.
Marmie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home